Sunday Funday for Dudes
Click to Download
This year, it is estimated that more money will be bet on football than any other year in history – making Las Vegas the destination to watch all the action. Aside from going to the game itself, Las Vegas has the best venues for guys of any kind to eat, drink and let loose while they cheer on their favorite team.
Let’s team up on a story for your fall issue to highlight the unique ways every “bro” can play up their vacation in Sin City during football season.
- The Techie Bro: InteractivePro™ Tables available at MGM Grand, The Mirage and Bellagio provide a virtual platform to monitor fantasy league stats, watch multiple games on more than 20 networks and play blackjack at the same time. Just in time for football season, MGM Resorts will launch a mobile sports betting app so guests at its 12 properties on The Strip can place bets from their phones and avoid the lines at the sports book.
- The VIP Bro: MGM Grand’s Race & Sports Book offers Skyboxes that provide a luxurious stadium-like experience within a sports book. With second-level views of more than 53 channels of simultaneous athletic action and personal beverage service, Skyboxes elevate a player’s game to the next level.
- The Foodie Bro: FIVE50 Pizza Bar satisfies a bro’s need to feed with James Beard Award-winning Chef Shawn McClain’s twist on East Coast and Sicilian-style pizzas. The foodie favorite also boasts an all-American beer selection which includes its own Extra Pale Ale made exclusively for ARIA by local brewery, Sin City Brewing Co.
- The Tailgating Bro: For the bro whose idea of a good time is cornhole and a pack of red Solo cups, BLVD Plaza has the game day hookup with tailgating right on the Las Vegas Strip. Once the Strip-side party is over, guests can visit a variety of surrounding restaurants just a bean bag throw away, such as the high-energy Double Barrel Roadhouse.
- The Hungover Bro: For travelers from the East Coast, waking up for a 10 a.m. game after a long night in Las Vegas can be a struggle. Avoid a terrible morning by indulging in “The Revitalizer” from ESPA at Vdara which works on tension stored in the neck, shoulders, back and feet.
- The Brunch Bro: Todd English P.U.B. in The Shops at Crystals has a brunch menu of beer cocktails such as the “ManMosa” and a build-your-own Bloody Mary bar. Spend the morning in boozy pleasure in front of the restaurant’s many TV screens.
- The Beer Bro: With 15 times as many beer selections as players on the field, The Pub at Monte Carlo scores big with its brewskies. Sample a flight from local craft breweries or “travel the world” with an extensive international selection – this bar has it all.
- The Gambling Bro: Sports betting alone won’t cut it on a Sunday. To be in on the action instead of just watching it, take a seat at ARIA’s Poker Room, a Las Vegas hot spot. Keep up with the game within one of Sin City’s most celebrated poker rooms conveniently located next to the Race & Sports Book.
- The Classy Bro: If a foie gras parfait sounds better than an instant replay, BARDOT Brasserie at ARIA is the place to fill up on King Crab Crepes and towering French Toast. Chef Michael Mina’s latest culinary destination, which includes TVs at its stunning bar, features a menu of innovative cocktails and even its own exclusive French-brewed craft beer.