LAS VEGAS (Dec. 2, 2015) –
Celebrated Las Vegas chef Roy Ellamar reveals the market-driven menu for his new restaurant, Harvest by Roy Ellamar
, opening at Bellagio Resort & Casino
in late December 2015. Local and regional ingredients, seasonally inspired dishes and unexpected preparation methods will provide a defining example of the New American cuisine that Harvest will deliver.
“The fresh ingredients we source each season will be the shining stars on the menu,” said Ellamar. “Modern American dining is influenced by cuisine from around the world and Harvest is my chance to meld these tastes into robust and intricate flavor profiles.”
The restaurant’s culinary offerings will be grouped by their distinctive characteristics:
- Garden: The emerging trend of vegetable-forward dishes will be showcased with an exquisite selection of fresh-picked produce. The locally sourced Farmer’s Salad will pair mellow, apple-smoked sunchokes and carrots with sharp goat cheese vinaigrette. Charred Brussels Sprouts will be tossed in sweet maple syrup and tangy bourbon soy sauce then topped with mustard seeds to create a complex mix to pique every tastebud. Thoughtful side dishes such as Farro Congee with foraged wild mushrooms and farm egg and Creamed Kale, created with savory fried shallots and garlic will be delicious enough to stand on their own.
- Ocean: Seafood offerings at Harvest will be methodically selected from areas with the freshest catches. Regional variations of Oysters on the Half Shell will change daily as they are sourced from multiple locations around the country. Oysters also will be available barbecued or fried in a crisp breading.
- Ranch: Sourced from farms focused on sustainability, the array of meat at Harvest will all be naturally raised. The Grilled Pork Cheek, a unique cut sourced from Becker Lane, will be paired with sweet, roasted apple puree and salty miso glaze served over a bed of seasoned apple kimchee. Duck Confit Buns will exemplify the restaurant’s vision of melding global flavors with an Eastern take on a French classic: a brioche steam bun bursting with foie gras and sour pickled radish will be complemented by sweet kumquat preserves. Additional cuts of 100% grass-fed and finished natural beef direct from Painted Hills in Oregon will be grilled to perfection and served with béarnaise and red wine sauce.
- Boards: Charcuterie will be taken to the next level with unpredictable elements. Along with a traditional array of hand-selected cured meats, cheeses and preserves, Harvest will offer the Ham and Goat Cheese Flatbread, made with Broadbent’s Kentucky country ham, creamy goat cheese and topped with arugula sprouts as well as the Pig’s Head Tartine, an open-faced sandwich with flavorful truffle aioli on rustic country bread made with artisanal, stone-ground flour from a small California bakery. Other choices will include Naan Bread and Herb Pesto – a Mediterranean take on a board presentation with tangy Greek yogurt raita.
- Stone Oven: Designed specifically for seafood preparation at the restaurant, Harvest’s stone oven will be a modernization of an ancient cooking technique. The stone will be heated to the perfect temperature to ensure no moisture escapes from fresh fish and shellfish and guarantees every bite is full of flavor. A daily whole fish offering will reflect the freshest market specialties from partner fishermen and docks.
- Rotisserie: Chef Ellamar will venture off the beaten path of a typical rotisserie with a menu of meats not usually associated with this style of preparation. Layered with strong herb salsas and zesty vinaigrettes, the Slow Roasted Porchetta will be cooked to perfection under the meticulous watch of the skilled kitchen staff. A Bird of the Day will feature succulent selections such as Guinea Hen, Pheasant and Squab.
- Snack Wagon Delights: A traveling cart will present Chef Ellamar’s “creations of the moment” to guests tableside. Jars filled with intriguing spreads such as Smoked Salmon Belly Dip paired with an everything croissant and Broccoli Raab Pesto served with naan bread will tease every palate. Raw bites will include meat, seafood and vegetables for unexpected tastes and textures. Selections will include Painted Hills Hangar Steak Tartare served with a decadent oyster aioli and Chioggia Beet with quinoa and blood oranges. Petite, warm bites also will be spotlighted with offerings such as the Agedashi Tofu enhanced with the smoky flavors of ham dashi and trout roe.
The seasonal American menu will be complemented by an elemental setting with natural wood flooring and hand-blown light fixtures. Guests seated in the main dining room can enjoy the exhibition kitchen and view the creation of their culinary selections right before their eyes.
Harvest will open late December 2015 and is located in Bellagio’s Spa Tower.
Inspired by the beautiful villages of Europe, the AAA Five Diamond Bellagio overlooks a Mediterranean-blue, 8 ½-acre lake, where fountains perform a magnificent aquatic ballet choreographed to music and lights. Within Bellagio are award-winning dining experiences including two AAA Five Diamond restaurants, Julian Serrano's Picasso and Le Cirque from the renowned Maccioni family. Bellagio is home to an impressive collection of luxury retailers including Louis Vuitton, Giorgio Armani, Gucci, Tiffany & Co., Breguet, Prada, Chanel, Dior, Fendi, BottegaVeneta, Hermès and OMEGA. A world-class art gallery, the exquisite Conservatory & Botanical Gardens, the stunning “O” by Cirque du Soleil
, a luxurious spa and salon, dynamic nightlife at The Bank, Hyde Bellagio and Lily Bar & Lounge and an elegant casino all add to the extraordinary Bellagio experience. Bellagio is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information and reservations, visit bellagio.com
, call toll free at (888) 987-6667or find us on Facebook
# # #
MGM Resorts International Public Relations